Re: Negative/Positive Ground on my MGA 1600

To: Sam Perera <sperera@blkbox.com>
Subject: Re: Negative/Positive Ground on my MGA 1600
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 10:09:23 -0400
Sam:  I have a 1960 MGA 1600 Roadster (still positive ground).  In
replacing the original coil with a sports coil two weeks ago, and after
consulting the list, I was told that the -ve (old SW) lead goes to the
switch and the +ve (old CB) goes to the distributor. Therefore, Mike's
article is correct and I believe you might want to reverse your coil
wires.

Eric
My Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club: http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omcg.html