Trans. Gaskets/Engine Rebuild

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trans. Gaskets/Engine Rebuild
From: "Warren Pruitt" <warren_p@ls3p.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:14:26 -0400
I am replacing the gaskets on a later O/D gearbox and was wondering if the
gaskets themselves are enough or should a sealant be used as well.

Also, I will be pulling engine (first time) and switching gearboxes and
taking care of a low oil pressure problem (10 psi at hot idle) with the
replacement of main (will check crank) and big-end bearings. I have good
compression, but wondered how much farther I should go. I have noticed a
fair amount of coolant weep between the block and head, so should I maybe
try and take care of this as well, which means decking the block and head.
Should I replace the rocker assy. and grind valves at the same time?

Thanks for any advice.

Warren Pruitt
warren_p@ls3p.com