Battery Size, Hmm, very interesting.

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battery Size, Hmm, very interesting.
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:44:48 -0500
This spring, with two cars in storage, I had to chose which battery I would
use to wake up the C. I chose the one from the BGT because it had a handle
on it, and someone had removed the handle from the battery that came with
the C. Yesterday, in getting the BGT started I thought I would use the
stored battery that originally came with the C, and give the battery I had
been using a rest.

Now we all know that the sheet metal of the B  and the C is the same from
the windscreen back. Indeed the replacement windscreen that was just
installed had been stocked as a B replacement.

The opening to the battery compartment on the BGT was too small to take be
battery that fit into the C! I know it came out of the C as easily as the B
batteries do, but why couldn't I fit it into the BGT? The C battery was
about an inch wider, but again, it did fit in the C.

Comments?

Jack