RE: M coupe vs B-GT

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: M coupe vs B-GT
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:58:42 -0700
        Keith Wheeler wrote:

        >A few months ago Road & Track had a little ditty on this,
including
        >the comment "some would argue that Abingdon did it better."

>  >-Keith Wheeler
        >Team Sanctuary
http://www.teamsanctuary.com/

Actually, R&T should have said "Pininfarina did it better".  After
struggling with coupe designs that looked a bit beetlebrowed, Abingdon
sent an MGB to Turin for Pinin Farina to work their magic on it.  The
MGB-GT was the happy result.

I saw some views of the Beemer M coupe on "Motorweek" a few weeks ago.
It looked like someone grafted a Honda Civic hatchback rear clip onto
the porcine snout of the existing M3 roadster - AWFUL.  And when John
Davis gleefully said that it would cost around 40 grand, my MGB-GT V-8
restoration project is beginning to look very desirable indeed!

Cheers,
Paul Kile