Broken TD

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Broken TD
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:30:50 -0400
OK let start from the beginning.  Car had a new wiring harness
installed.  Drove it home and it ran fine, two days later it
started spewing fuel out of the front carb took it back to the
shop that did all the work on and they fixed the fuel problem
(except I need that little brass pin replaced) drove it two
days and was driving down the road when it decided it was not
going to run any more.  Coasted to the side of the road got
out banged on the front and back c arb and then banged on the
brand new fuel pump.  Still would only idle and then finally
it decided to take off, drove it home and parked in the drive
overnight.  Went to take daughter to school (she loves to show
up in at school) it fired right up backed out of the drive and
it backfired a couple of times then dropped to idle and would
not accelrate.  goosed it just enough to get it back in the
driveway shut it off checked on the carbs and fuel pump and
then tried to fire it up again ait would not even catch let
alone turn over.  That afternoon I replaced the plugs  and it
would not even catch.  I got the old meter out and began
checking for current.  Have 12 volts out of both sides of the
coil and still do.  Put another coil on same thing, put
another used dizzy cap on same thing, checked the points and
the spring tension is gone so they do not snap back as they
should, rebent the spring and have enough snap, checked and
regapped the points, checked the wiring under the dash and it
is in place.  This did happen once before and the ignation had
ground out under the dash to the point it would shock you
everytime you touch the dash but that is not the case now.  I
got hot in the sun and came back in to think on it and cool
down and to ask for your advice.
THANKS!
MIKE