Re: mg present for my papa

To: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Subject: Re: mg present for my papa
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:16:35 -0500
Alan Pfau wrote:

> Hi I am 7 and I want to buy  my papa a present for his birthday i want to buy
>him something about mgs. Can anyone tell me a good idea for a mg birthday
>present?

Gee, Alan, you type pretty good.

You can look at the stuff from Triple-C Motor Accessories. They are on the Web
at http://www.triple-c.com/. They also have an 800 number and have always been
helpful at
taking my allowance. You might consider getting him a scale model of his car.
If your dad's car is a popular year and color, you are likely to find one that
is very much
like his real car. He may even let you play with it. Call them up and tell them
the year, model, and colors of your dad's favorite ride.

If he is works for a conformist oligarchy (look that one up!), you can even buy
him a tie with his car's picture on it. It might be the first time he has
received a tie
that he didn't cringe when he opened the box.

If you're not impressed with Triple-C, there is a small, under-performing, and
over-hyped marquee that maintains a good list of commercial vendors. Take a
peek at
http://www.vtr.org/other-links.html and check out the commercial links list
near the bottom.

If you can't think of anything car-related to get him, I've heard there has
been a run on another American staple. Get your mommy to run down and by him a
half dozen Dutch
Master's "Presidents."
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6,
PS: I think it is great that you are thinking what to do to honor your father.