Converting from generator to alternator

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Converting from generator to alternator
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: 13 Sep 1998 14:27:08 -0000
I'm putting a '70 motor in a '64 car and need to convert to an alternator.
I would just use the generator but it hits the upfacing spin-on filter. I
know I'll need to change how the car is grounded. What is the correct way
to wire the alternator in? For what it's worth it's a 5 post lucas,
internally regulated unit.

TIA, Lane

PS - Sorry if this shows up twice, sent it from the wrong account first
time. See what happens when I havn't had coffee yet!