New Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Cars
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:12:49 EDT
<<Bits keep falling off, or leak, or
seize. It only goes to show we now have a new breed of MG owner. One who
cannot fix his car, but goes running back to the manufacturer.>>

Well I for one don't think that an expectation that a new car will not fall
apart is unreasonable. Just because it has the MG name attached to it (whether
it is an MG or not is another discussion) shouldn't mean that one expects it
to act like a 30 or 40 year old car would.  I have  friends that restore and
enjoy working on 50s Jags, and drive 90s Jags to work, but they never lift a
wrench on their daily drivers and would be right pissed off if they had to. I
see no incongruity in that.

Bill S.