Re: Long drive to winter storage

To: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Long drive to winter storage
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:24:28 -0500
Steve Shoyer wrote:

> I'm planning to drive my '80 MGB from Boston to Philadelphia to leave it in
> my parents' garage.  It's about 300 miles, and I've never driven the car
> that far.
>
> Is this a bad idea?  What should I take with me to prepare for trouble?

Nah. Steady state crusing is pretty easy on a car. Snow and ice ain't though.

> Also, one of the tires has a slow leak, so I was thinking of replacing all
> four before the trip, but a friend suggested waiting until the spring so
> the car wouldn't be sitting on new tires for four months and develop flat
> spots.  Any sense in this?

No. None. New tires will sit fine through the winter and driving around on old
tires is a blow-out waiting to happen.--
Bob Allen, Kansas City
"Yes, the president should resign.  He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust.  He is no longer an
effective leader.  Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to
put the American people through an impeachment.  He will serve
absolutely no purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible
solution is for the president to save some dignity and resign."
-- William Jefferson Clinton, 1974