Re: Colorado Conclave

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@mcione.com>, "MGS" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Colorado Conclave
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:11:30 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>

>Dick, I won't be caravaning (since I'm here already).  Look me up, red 1969
MGB
>roadster, like there won't be many of those!
>
>You ought to get the one the only Bob Allen to come along, oh and of course
>don't forget Larry Dickstein.
>
>Were anticipating over 500 British vehicles.

Nuh-uh. Not me. Been to that show. Been to Colorado. It ain't LBC friendly.

Way too many Sport Utes shuffling along the mountain roads. Way too many
scrawny, earthy, John Denver / Jane Fonda types running 80 on the freeways
with their cell phones in one hand and their Big Gulps in the other. Crappy
oxygenated gas. And I think they've outlawed smoking in the state.

But mainly its because of Kansas. 600 miles of truck-damaged I-70 between me
and the New California. There just ain't no good way to get there. If I had
the time I would skirt over the top of the place on 36 but that just makes
Kansas last longer.

Frankly, I've always thought Louis Farrakan preached some good points.
Particularly the one about his people needing their own nation. I think we
should give him Kansas with the single stipulation that he has to take it
with him. Cross-country trips would be so much easier if Limon was on the
outskirts of (the real) Kansas City.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
PS: Went to the show in '94. C/GT wears a Napa Fuel Pump purchased in Limon
on a blustery Sunday afternoon. Pretty good Messikin food joint downtown.