Re: RPMs

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: RPMs
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:04:45 -0500
Allen,
   Right on..   But if the spinning magnet looses strenght hence coupling
between the plates,  the speedo will begin to slowly read low.  It also
won't read low one day then correct then next, or vise versa.  Now if one
of the mechanical bits in the speedo where to go south, bearing, spring,
etc.  then it would suddenly read bad, but I think I would be a continuos
thing, not come and go ( could be wrong...).  I lean toward an electrical
connection problem with the tach. in this case, because I have a very
simular problem with one of my cars that I'm sure is electrical ( well,
as sure as anything else when it comes to this sort of stuff.....).
Harlan.