Beaulieu

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Beaulieu
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:23:03 -0700
I live in the Napa Valley and there is a famous winery here by the name of
Beaulieu.  It is pronounced bowl-you.  I think we come close to the the
French on this.

The Brits however have a different idea on that word.  When my wife and I
vacationed in England we were headed toward their Beaulieu in a car and we
had to ask directions frequently.  Nobody knew what we were talking about
when we asked the way to Bowl-you.  Finally, someone, said "Oh, you mean
Bew-lee."  The Brits love to fracture anything French.  Its been going on
for a long long time.

Don Scott