Re: Need help on tonneau installation

To: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: Re: Need help on tonneau installation
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:32:47 +0000
RAY WYGONIK wrote:

> Started to install the tonneau my wife bought for my b-day but immediately ran
> into some questions.  Installation instructions supplied with top and are
> minimal.  All snaps and lift-the-dot fastners must be attached.
>
> Diagram shows 2 lift-the-dot fasteners in each front corner of the cover and
> one in the middle of the dash.  I have the one in the middle, but
>unfortunately
> the other 4 are in a bag in my parts box.  I have a snap base at the bottom
> each windshieldpost. (Also have a snap base at the top of each windshield
>post).
>
> Questions are:
> 1.  Where exactly are the lift-the-dot pegs located? on the dash and if so
> where exactly?, on the windshield posts?  Anyone able to install them on the
> dash without removing the windshield?

Mine are fitted 2 1/4" from each end of the dash, and adjacent to the
piping on the crash-roll on the windscreen side.

> 2.  What are the snaps on the windshield post used for?  The lower ones look
> like they could accomodate holding the tonneau down.

The top ones are for the hood, I haven't seen any on the bottom before.

> 3.  When the tonneau is folded behind the seat is it suppose to snap to the
> firewall behind the seats? and if so where is the snap on the tonneau located?

Yes, but only if your tonneau cover has two flaps that run across the
top either side of the fore-and-aft centre line. Each flap should have a
lift-the-dot socket about 1" from each end.

PaulH.