Re: Tonneau cover install Thank you

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover install Thank you
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:55:33 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to all who responded to my question.  I gathered enough info to proceed
with the job, probably this weekend.

To recount the replies and what my car has:

First I have a 74 B.

The consensus is the snaps at the bottom of the windshield posts are for the
front corner tonneau snaps.  The instructions said the two snaps for behind the
door frame would already be attached but they were not (Any one know where I
can buy the female snap, the kit only included two.  I need at least 4 and
maybe 6, I am still a little fuzzy about snaps behind the vent windows)
Though there are a few cars out there with lift-the-dots in the front corners,
they seem to be the minority.

I do have a Robbins top, but it came from The Roadster Factory. (We try to
support local business, for those who don't know I am from Indiana, PA, home of
the Conventry Inn (owned by Charles Runyan) and 20 miles from TRF (owned by
Charles Runyan))

My tonneau does have two flaps in front of the seats. The four lift-the-dot
pegs I have apparently attach to the firewall in front of the battery
compartments.

Agree with whoever suggest a wheel punch tool for making the hole for the lift-
the-dot fastners.  I installed one lift-the-dot female and then tried to open
the hole with a razor knife.  I promptly put a 2" slash in my left index
finger.  That halted my installation.  It is healing nicely.

I'll finish the job this Saturday, provide I can find some additonal heavy duty
female snaps.

Thanks again for all he help!