Tool for OD Transmissions.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tool for OD Transmissions.
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:37:54 -0700
I have a 1979 MGB with Laycock Overdrive, Type LH.

I am looking for the tool to remove the pump body
from the overdrive.

This is the "OIL PUMP BODY SOCKET" part #18G 1118
and looks like a normal socket, but with two prongs
extending from the front, instead of the normal
hex-head. It is listed on page 278 of the Bentley
Manual, (top right of the page).

Does anyone know of a source for this tool, or would
anyone sell me theirs, or let me borrow it ?

Failing that, what have others used to remove this part ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheerio, Stuart.....'79MGB (with the top down)
Stuart Farmer