Re: tilting engine hoist device

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@Freenet.Buffalo.EDU>,
Subject: Re: tilting engine hoist device
From: cgmoog@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:59:01 -0400
Art Pfenninger wrote:

>         I am about ready to make a tilter, what is the trailer hitch
> thing? I might as well go all the way!
> ...Art

Where the store has their chains they will usually have "U" shackles
with a bolt that closes the "U" (not sure of their real name but they
are commonly used to connect trailer safety chains to pick-up truck step
bumpers when towing, the bolt passes through the bumper after the "U"
has been hooked through the chain).  Nearby they usually have swivel
connectors (two "D" shaped links connected with a bolt so that they can
swivel).  What you need is one swivel connector and two of the "U"
shackles (make sure the bolt fits through the swivel connector and that
the "U" is large enough to fit the eye of the engine tilter).  Use one
"U" to attach the swivel to the tilter and one to attach the swivel to
the crane.

I also have several extra "U" shackles they are handy when connecting
the chain to the engine.