Re: Odd Things Found In Cars

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Odd Things Found In Cars
From: Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:03:48 -0500
At 01:06 PM 9/23/98 EDT, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>I was just cleaning out and servicing one of my Jensen Interceptors for a
>weekend drive to wine country that I do every Fall (yes, we have wine country
>in BC, and no, I can't take an MG, as the only two street legal ones I have,
>an MGA coupe and an MGC roadster, don't have enought room to bring back
>several cases of wine).
>
>In the process of cleaning it out something slid out from under the seat,
>which upon examination proved to be a wedge of camembert cheese with a 1994
>date on it.
>I'm not sure why the mice _do_get into my old Jensen, but _don't_ bother the
>one with the cheese in it, but in any case I thought that other people might
>have had similar experiences, and so thought I'd ask.
>
>What is the most strange and bizarre item that has turned up in one of your
>cars?
>I have had a stash of marijuana in a TR I bought (had to burn it ;-) , dead
>birds, etc. What about you?
>
>Bill S.
>
>PS - the cheese was brown and still a little soft. I was afraid to open it!!

Well maybe not strange or bizarre, but I was absolutely delighted to find a
whopping $1.27 in change under the driver's seat and wedged in the carpet
seams in my '76 'B. This was during the interior renovation last year.

I proudly showed it to my wife who coolly said, "Does this mean you're back
under budget?"

Some people.

Rodney McDonald
'76 'B 393703