Playing Games

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Playing Games
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 22:01:50 +0000
Well good friends, it's that time of year again thanks to the
International Motor Press Association that I belong to. IMPA stages
their Car Test Day at Pocono Race Track and each year I have the time of
my life driving as many cars as I can from the opening of the day to
4PM. Most American and foreign manufacturers bring out their toys for us
auto press folk to evaluate(read that tear around the track at a prudent
speed)! It's the only venue that I know of where you can do some serious
side by side comparisions. There have been some interesting vehicles
like the Viper and Prowler from Chrysler, oops, make that Mercler, and
Jag brought their XK8 duo last year. BMW, our new MG parent, always has
an interesting car or two. Porsche is another favorite.
I plan motoring out tomorrow to catch our Dinner event in the 64 B. We
have a car show for the members but every time I try the A coupe or TD,
an early American or muscle car from the 60's gets the prize. It's not a
British crowd.
Weather sounds like we may be lucky and have a dry Friday. I've got my
fingers crossed and I'll see what the latest poop about MG might be.

Cheers, oh, hey anyone else out there a member?

Dave Houser