Re: Parts cars and storage

To: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Parts cars and storage
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:18:18 -0500
>...... All of the
> U-Store-It places I have checked  will not allow cars to be stored
> because of fire regulations. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Chris Rogers
> Facing the impending snows in Iowa.

Chris,

Where I live, there are few restrictions by U-Store-It places. Many
store their cars there and even go over several times to start them
during the winter. Possibly look for other places, probably an
independent (non-franchise) place.

In the past, I have stored  boats in out-buildings at the local county
fairgrounds. Four walls, a roof and a concrete floor. There were even
some cars in there.  The problem there was that you had to arrange for
delivery on a specific day and pickup was the same way. Stuff was just
packed one righ after the next and you can't get to the car during the
winter.

I presently store my car during the winter in a hangar at a private
airport. The guy has advertised locally and charges $25/month. Again
four walls, a roof and a concrete floor. But the in and out dates are
totally flexible. Cars and Boats packed in but fairly accessable. Last
year there was a totally shot Healy that obviously didn't make it there
under it's own power.

I'm sure if you talk to some car club members in your area (they don't
necessarilly have to be LBCers)or even boat owners, they can point you
in the right direction.

Just keep on lookin'

Chuck Schaefer