Re: '77B Speedometer Removal

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: '77B Speedometer Removal
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:19:16 EDT
On Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:02:35 -0700 Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net> writes:
>Help!
>
>    I'll never again badmouth my TD for access problems.  How, pray
>tell, does
>one remove the cable from the back of the speedometer on a '77B?  I'm
>in the
>process of removing the fascia for the installation of a new wiring
>harness.
>Does anyone really have hands that small?
>TIA.
>
>Bud Krueger

Fortunately my 14 year old son does - otherwise, the last time i had to
do it i had to take the seat out so i could lie on the floor!
Usually a little fiddling and you can get your hand in - but remember to
take the guage out of the dash before you disconnect it - the two knurled
nuts release it - its much easier to reinstall the cable this way as well
 -god luck

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT