Rallyes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Rallyes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:40:13 EDT
>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 09:54:36 -0400
>From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
>Subject: Philly MG vs Tr*&^%h Rally

>The 1998 Fall MG vs Triumph Rally is on!
>We are going on October 18. As you may recall last spring the MG's were
>badly outnumbered, (20 to 4) we managed to get 2nd and 3rd. All are
>invited!
>I know this is short notice and the MG Lanco club is doing a Poker Run
>the same day. But the Philly MG Club wants the Lucas Cup back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please help me find these things.  I guess it's time for an "official"
announcement!  (Now watch me put my foot in my mouth!)

I have been searching for road rallyes in the Philly (eastern PA, NJ) area,
on the web for several months without much luck.  I have tried
www.mgclub.com, but there is not much listed other than shows
and picnics.

I joined SCCA (Philly Region) this summer in the hopes of finding
some relatively easy road rallyes.  All I found was autocross and
club racing.  (Nothing wrong with that, but I want to get back into rallying.)
See the Philly Region web site at http://www.castle.net/~autoxcsp
and follow the link.  (Let me add that Philly Region is made up of a
GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE!)

I am now going to organize some Regional SCCA Road Rallyes for
the Philly Region for 1999.  We plan to have four rallyes, one in
each season, starting in the spring.  One will hopefully be a weekend
of motorsports with a road rallye on Saturday and an autocross on Sunday.
After speaking with many members, I have found that interest is very
high within the region, although many members have never tried a rallye.
We still have lots of details to work out, but I'm confident the program
will get started.

Some members confuse road rallyes with Pro Rallies.  We WILL NOT
be doing any Pro Rallies, nor any very hard, off road stages in our rallyes.
These will be easy gimmick and TSD rallyes that will make your LBC feel
right at home.  A Rallycross has been discussed, but nothing has been
finalized.

Now to my question.  Please help me to find the clubs that are involved in
running road rallyes.  Anywhere in eastern PA, Delaware or New Jersey.
Send names, addresses, phone numbers to me privately.
Post web addresses of clubs to the list.
If you have a club mailing list, please add my address to it.  It is at the
bottom of this post.  Invite me to your club!  I'm a fun guy!

I not only want to announce that SCCA is back in the rallye business, but I
will probably need some help!  I really want to make this a fun, safe
experience for members and anyone else who wants to participate,
and their cars.  Maybe a vintage class would interest people.

Give me your ideas.  I already am on the RallyL list, but they are very
Pro Rally oriented.  I checked with Rally Central
(http://www.goss.com/rally.htm), and they don't include everything
either, although that is the best source I've found.

Now that I've bought my '77 Midget, I need a rallye program.
Guess I'll start one!  GUGGUUGGMMFGH!!  (Gagging on my foot!)

Allen Hefner
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286

'77 Midget