Re: ::sigh::

To: Neil <NeilMGB@erols.com>
Subject: Re: ::sigh::
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:15:55 -0700
Word on the street is that Neil said:
> I flip through these messages and feel bad, sometimes.  Some people dont
> know what they're getting into when they buy lbc's.  You have to have to
> have to HAVE to expect things to go wrong.

Nah its all how you look at it.
Things don't "go wrong" they "request attention"  :)

Seriously though, once you have brought your car up to an acceptable state
of repair (ie, undoing what the DPO did and fixing what they didn't) I think
its just a matter of maintenance and keen observation for funny sounds etc.

All the problems I've had so far have not suprised me in the least - and
I fixed it before it fixed me, or carried whatever was needed for an emergency
repair along the way.

Even people with no interest in mechanicals can have a good experience if
they don't buy a basketcase and take it to the mechanic every 3,000 miles
for a servicing and good looking over.

Skye