RE: new question???

To: MYLDN@aol.com, MYLDN@aol.com, JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: RE: new question???
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 98 16:32:57 UT
With the change of the season upon us (assuming you live in a temperate area)
you may want to leave your antifreeze water mixture where it is.  As far as
the 165 thermostat is concerned, pop it in there and see if you run cooler in
stop and go.  However, for winter driving you may want a 185 or 195 (YMMV).
One thing you should add is Water Wetter made by Redline.  It's about $7 per
pint and you'll want to add two pints.  Pep Boys is rumored to have it
(although I've never seen it there) and there are several listers who can get
it for you as well (at a discount to boot).

You should also check some of the usual suspects like the fan belt and
obstructions in front of the radiator.  I recently moved the horns away from
the front of the radiator on the C and was amazed at the difference.  You
should also verify that your temperature gauge is correct by getting an
independent reading of the water temp (e.g., stick a thermometer in the
radiator - if I recall your temp should be about 165 after 5 or 10 minutes of
idling).

Hope this helps,

Dr. Doug