Re: drive shaft on tow dolley?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: drive shaft on tow dolley?
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:22:33 EDT
Hi all! I have two short stories that may change your mind about towing with
the rear wheels on the ground and the driveline in place.
One of my friends had to tow a midget, didnt undo the driveline, and on the
way home the front u-joint had failed- unknown to him at the time. When he got
home he noticed something wasnt right with the seats- they seemed rather
tilted. That is when he noticed the HUGE tunnel that had grown out of the
floor as the driveline beat the tar out of it.
Another friends father hooked their car to the motorhome as the run-around car
when they went on vacation. One time he left the car in first gear by
accident. He believes that it held on for at least five miles before the
engine blew to pieces and the transmission tore in half. They stopped at a
rest area miles from home and he went back to check the lights and noticed
fluids dripping from the front of the car. As he opened the hood he noticed a
large dent coming UP in the middle of it. Needless to say there wasnt much
left to work with. It destroyed the entire drivetrain. When the tranny blew it
must have locked up and chewed up part of the differential.The car was
totaled. Not to say that he wasnt at fault, but one little mistake like that
and...
As they say, "cheap insurance"
Gary
75 midget