Hot MGB

To: MYLDN@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hot MGB
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:46:57 EDT
>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:20:59 EDT
>From: MYLDN@aol.com
>Subject: new question???

>ok, now that my dash pot oil question has been hashed out, my next question
is
>about temp. my 73B runs at normal durring all hiway driving. but any time I
>get into any city stop and go traffic it creeps up untill close to the
dreeded
>hot mark. the radiater has been replaced with a new one with a larger
>capacity. the rest SEEMS to be ok. it will cool down ok as soon as I can run
>it at higher speeds. our local temp has been in the 80's not that bad.mixture
>is about 50/50. I bought a 165 thermostat but havent installed yet, should I?
>any better Ideas??????

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would put in the cooler thermostat.  I always like a cooler one, even though
the temp won't be quite as high in the winter.  (If you drive it in winter
weather.)  You could also add a bottle of Water Wetter to the radiator.
Available at Pep Boys and most other suppliers.

There has been a thread about the impellers breaking off or wearing down in
some aftermarket water pumps.  If yours is old or of unknown origin, a look
inside it might prove helpful, or it might show nothing wrong.  Do the simpler
stuff first.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget