Re: MGB dead engine report.)

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: MGB dead engine report.)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 23:34:08 EDT
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:53:25 -0700 (PDT) (11:53 am 18:53 UT) PHILIPPE
TUSLER  <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> writes:
>>  I am sort of trying to weigh it out. There is only one spot on
> all four cylinders that I can feel a ridge. I had no problem getting
> any the pistons out. I have also heard from more than one source
> that a ridge reamer might not be a good idea for an engine in situ,
><because getting the swarf out might be hard.
>
>   "In situ"?  How in the heck can you rebuild an MG engine "in situ"?
>You can't get the pan off the engine when it's in the bay!

I guess I've got a problem then.
 I've got a customer's car (MGB) in the shop with the pan off, engine in
place (in situ, for the educated crowd) and the pan in the parts washer.
 Now you tell me I can't do this!
 What am I supposed to do now, pull the engine out to re-install the pan?
Inquiring minds NEED to know!
:>)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT