Overheating?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overheating?
From: lon@sedona.net (Lon Walters)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 05:51:56 -0700 (MST)
OK...sorry, I just found this page.  I live in an area where an MGA is akin
to a Tucker...none about, and no one to ask silly questions to...

Overheating in an MGA.  95 degree days here, and dry in AZ...now running at
200-210 degrees, normal?  Exchanged the radiator, new cap, new thermo,
timing OK, hoses good, no leaks, cooling system flushed, and leak test good.
What do I do now?

Was told an aux fan on the front of the radiator was an option...hate to do
it but need a reliable driver...an ol' jeep guy said an aux fan blocks too
much of the good air to do much good.

Also, OK to go tubless on 60 spoke aftermarket chrome wheels?  Tubes just
don't seem to ever fit right without pinching or some such.

Beautiful country here, but could sure use a few more sports cars.  Comments
would be much appreciated.  If these questions have just been asked, please
just tell me how to find them...