Re: [Fwd: MGB engine on the rise (was Re: MGB dead engine

To: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: MGB engine on the rise (was Re: MGB dead engine
From: "William C. Mills" <williem@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 13:04:18 -0400
I have also unbolted the engine mounts and jacked the engine from below.
Come up til the tranny gets close to the firewall at the top.  Then place
wood blocks (1 to 2  inches) beneath the motor mounts and lower the engine
onto the blocks.  I left the radiator hoses, oil cooler, exhaust, fuel, and
electricals attached.  That allowed me enough room to get to those front
pan bolts and pull the pan (I was getting to the oil pump to swap it out).
Let the sealant on the pan gasket setup for a day before jacking up under
the pan to get the engine back down into place.  This worked ok with my
chrome bumper B.  RBB's may be different, especially at the motor mount area.

Bill Mills
74 CBBGT