Re: gauges clouding 77B

To: proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA
Subject: Re: gauges clouding 77B
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 08:56:24 EDT
Andy,
  Did they cloud up suddenly that night?  If they did, I'd look for a
leak in the heater--try sniffing for that sweet anti-freeze smell.
  If the cloudiness is there all the time, it's just 20+ years of
accumulated oil, dust, dirt. I have cleaned my instrument glass and found
a great difference in legibility.  The trick is to loosen the bracket
behind the dash, then turn the chrome bezel until it pops off.
Alas, I don't know how one opens the rectangular oil pressure gauge, so
if you figure it out, please let me know.
Bob