73 B Top Frame Resto question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 73 B Top Frame Resto question
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:30:16 -0500
As I sit here prepping my top frame for the arrival and installation of my
new roof, I'm noticing that some of the hinges are pretty loose.
The hinge posts are retained by pretty crude flattened heads. This frame has
never been restored and is in original shape, including the sticker and old
glue on the header bar.
Question: Should I even bother with tightening these joints, or are they
designed for a certain amount of flex? If so, should I simply hammer the
stud heads again to tighten the joint/hinge?
Any hints are appreciated.
TIA

Dan
73 B