It lives!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It lives!!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:22:32 EDT
Reading Dave Housers post about selling his ZA had me thinking how uneasy
i was selling the 72 a few weeks back - funnily enough Dave passed me on
he road that day in his 64........know how you felt Dave!!

On to happier things - today was the inagural run of the newly
"everythinged" 69.
I cant  possibly do justice to the great feeling it was - 2 years ago
when i bought it it was intended as a parts car but the body was so good
(coming from AZ) and the engine so strong it just had to have the full
treatment - some of you have seen it and  know what a beater it was.Well,
no more the ugly duckling - we have a swan on our hands! - lets see....
what has it had....?
new brakes throughout
rebuilt steering
new shocks and springs
rear end rebuilt (twice!)
o/d installed
new hubs
repainted wires
new top
carpets and panels
seats rebuillt/all hardware refinished
furflex
every conceivable bit of rubber you can think of
new windscreen
rebuilt quarterlights
all new chrome except the bumpers and door handles
new locks
threshold plates
valve job
engine desmogged
engine painted and detailed
Monza exhaust
all rust spots patched properly
new front valance
lots of shiny black paint................
and everything else cleaned and refurbished.

Whilst i did a lot of this stuff myself, and acted as "general
contractor" getting all the stuff together clean, painted and usable the
real kudos goes to Albert Doelatip, formerly of British Miles who did all
the real hard work including the paint and putting the o/d in - Any of
you in the NJ/PA area who need anything done should give him a try.

The car just flies - everything is tight, doesnt rattle and the Monza
makes it sound like a V8 (well nearly) - cant wait to show this one off!
- now, apart from the Riley im out of projects...............oops hope
the wife isnt listening!

mike robson
69 ROADSTER (it deserves caps at least once)
70 BGT (getting u/js)
53 Riley