Re: SU CARBS

To: "Leckstein" <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>, "Mike Razor" <mrazor@kih.net>,
Subject: Re: SU CARBS
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 16:30:39 -0700
Mike (or should I say Mikes.............?)

Sounds to me that Mike L. hit the nail on the head. Mike R's front carb is
flooding due to dirt under the needle in the float valve, or a just plain
defective float valve, or a punctured float (less likely with these brass
floats.)

So, what's the point of my post? A minor correction for Mike L., but one to
be noted by Mike R.............the float height on an H-type SU is set at
7/16", not 1/8". The latter is only for HS carbs with plastic floats.

Lawrie