True or False - MGB daily driver

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: True or False - MGB daily driver
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 13:10:55 -0400
Hello all,
    I thought I'd throw my .02 in here about the MGB as a daily driver.
I've had my '74 for almost two years now, and I've been working on all of
the major problem areas, such as hydraulics, suspension, wiring, carbs, etc.
I have been working towards one goal: driving this car 500+ miles from PA to
NC for the spring term of my senior year, which is this spring.  Due to some
circumstances, I'll be getting the car on the road earlier, like next week!
People ask me, "Mike, aren't you afraid of driving this car that far?"  My
answer is a resounding NO!  There's something about knowing exactly what has
been done to a car that makes me feel secure when driving it.  Of course,
problems can come from anywhere, but I think if you spend enough time and
money on a careful "refreshing" of an MGB in good condition, it can be a
good daily driver.  Not only that, you can go to school in style, something
not many people do nowadays.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/