Re: IMGR ... the future

To: skye@ffwd.bc.ca
Subject: Re: IMGR ... the future
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:36:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/98 6:57:29 PM Central Daylight Time, skye@ffwd.bc.ca
writes:
Skye,
I am very pleased that you are considering adding the T types to your
register.  It is especially important to T owners because the factory records
for the TDs in particular have all been long lost.  Although there is the New
England MG T Register in existence for many years, it doesn't have the world-
wide publicity that you have on the internet.
To aid you in setting up a format, I offer the data from my car's placards and
other information:
<<  What is the format/length for VIN numbers for T types
        Some owners have registered their cars with the Car No. and others have
titles showing the Engine Number.  Mine is Car No. TD20660 EXR while the
Engine No. is XPAG/TD2?21049.  The Body Type is 22381 which might be a common
number for all  the TDs.  It would be interesting to learn if that's true.
The Body Number is 20004/92535.  This too could be an item of interest since
we TDers don't have good definitive data.  The year is 1953 although I have
computed that the car was assembled in October 1952.
What models are there? TA TB TC ... TF?  They are the TA through TF including
TD.
What kind of engine types can they come with?  I think they all had four
letter designations but I am not sure of the earlier models.  The TC and TD
had XPAG (1250cc) engines as did the early TFs.  Later TFs had the XPEG
(1500cc) engines.  All were 4 cylinder.  Some owner have added different
engines like a Volvo.
What kind of transmission types can they come with?  Only tranny that I know
of was a manual 4 speed.  Some owners modified their cars to add a different
transmission (Volvo or Datsun) but there was only one factory version.
Should there be additional information included for T types that isn't
currently present in the databse? >>
I am sure you will receive many additional comments from others which is fine.
I cant think of anything other than interior and exterior colors perhaps.  But
then that's info as to the appearance of the car today and not how it was
originally.

If you have any other questions, please contact me at your convenience. I
mostly am familiar with TDs and somewhat with TFs but thats about all.
Thanks for considering the undertaking of this additional task.