Parts in Australia/UK

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts in Australia/UK
From: John Wood <johnw@ot-link.ot.com.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 08:22:17 +1000
I am based in Sydney (Australia) and need to get hold of some 'interior'
parts for a '66B I have owned for about a year. The car is back on the
road as of three weeks ago but  is looking a little shabby inside.

I need to source a new soft top, tonneau (for a RHD), full carpet and
various interior bits such as soft panels and chromy bits.

The question is aimed at the few Australian based list members I have
seen as well as those based in the UK.

I am headed back to the UK for 2 weeks in November - should I pick up
the parts there and ship them back or is there a good (price, quality
and service) placed to source them here in Australia. If the answer is
'the UK' then where can I go and browse, talk and get carried away with
my credit cards - I will mainly be in Hertfordshire and will be driving
from there to Plymouth to Bolton and then back to St Albans so somewhere
en route would be great.

I have used an MG store in sydney that has consistently provided 'cheap'
parts that unfortunately look cheap. I would rather spend a little more
for something that looks and feels like it will last.

Thanks all....

John