Re: HELP: Dumb Owner Trick

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: HELP: Dumb Owner Trick
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 21:13:43 +0100
On 9/10/98 7:12 pm mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Could be the over-run valves on the throttle butterflies playing up.
>But in any case you need to do a full carb adjustment (after valve
>adjustment and ignition setup) before looking for any other problems.

If this is the problem, I've always got around it by gluing the valve up
with Araldite =AD they never work properly. You could, of course, buy new
butterflies without the valve holes if you want to do it properly.

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk