Re: Improving Gas Mileage

To: gmccau00@umail.ucsb.edu
Subject: Re: Improving Gas Mileage
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 19:31:24 EDT
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:38:02 -0700 "Greg McCauley"
<gmccau00@umail.ucsb.edu> writes:
>I was wondering how to improve my gas mileage.  I use my '74 B as my
>daily
>driver, with almost all of my miles being on the highway.  I'm only
>getting
>about 20-22 mpg.  Is this normal, or should I be getting better
>mileage?
>What sorts of thing can I do to improve my mileage?
>
>Thanks,
>Greg McCauley

doesnt sound out of the ordinary to me but.....
check/clean/gap plugs
check/clean or replace points, leads and cap
tune carbs
check tyre pressure, tracking and alignment is correct
change oil
throw 400lb of useless junk out of boot!
wash and wax car to lessen wind resistance!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]