New Product

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Product
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 22:21:13 EDT
All:

Found the neatest little thing today at the local Menard's Hardware.
It's called the PrepPen Spot Sanding Pen:  a little pen-like tool that
uses a replaceable cartridge of glass fibers to sand/rub clean small or
detailed surfaces.  It's supposed to range from 1500 to 400 grit
depending on how much pressure you use.  The sanding tip is about twice
the size of a pencil lead.

I tried it on the back of a penny, and it cleaned it bright and shiny
without removing any of the detail.  Also tried it on the top of an old
ZS CD150.  This was pretty heavily corroded, and it removed the corrosion
and cleaned inside the lettering without blurring the cast letters.  I'm
pretty impressed.

This would work well for cleaning electrical contacts, etc.  Cost $4.95,
and is made by a company called Pro Motorcar Products, Inc.  'Course, now
that I've gone to all this trouble, someone is sure to point out that I
can get it cheaper/better elsewhere.... ; )

YMMV,

Rich
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"

"It is wise to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties."
James Madison ca. 1791

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]