Re: what tools

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: what tools
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:41:20 EDT
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:32:23 -0400 (EDT) dresden@tiac.net writes:
>>Hi Folks, I have decided to build my own engine and need to gather up
>some
>>tools.
>>
>>1. Torque wrench
>>2. Engine stand
>>3. Standard Wrenches
>>4. ?????
>>
>>Please feel free to add a all the possible need tools, Thanks Enrique
>
>Add to that:
>
>Ridge Reamer (Borrow Trevor's!)
>Ring expander and ring compressor
>Inside and outside mics (if you won't be using a machine shop for all
>of
>the inspection steps), or outside mics and snap (telescopic) gauges.
>Taps for the threads where something must be accurately torqued
>(dirty/obstructed threads actually make a difference).
>Straightedge and feeler gauges
>Dial indicator is helpful...
>
>That's all I can think of...anyone else?
>
>Nevin

How about an engine hoist to get the little bugger out in the first
place?
Cylinder hone
Short (32-40 ft) refrigerated truck,filled with your choice of adult
beverage.
Chairs for all your buddies to sit on while they consume all the above,
while giving you more "helpful" advice than is recommended by the FDA.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]