Another MGA oil filter question & info on #65

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another MGA oil filter question & info on #65
From: PLM97@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 08:05:45 EDT
How do you tell the difference between the Purolator & Tecalemit oil filters
for a 60 MGA, short of removing the filter?  I asked Moss but they weren't any
help, just said parts are interchangeable.  Is that so for the two different
filters?  I was planning on replacing the felt & steel washers, sealing ring &
seal on the bolt, am I missing anything else that should be replaced?  Also
should I use paper or felt?  I'm not sure what is in there now, PO had car for
a year and never changed oil, so he wasn't any help either.
Checked with NAMGAR about dash #65, none of their numbers matched my car, I'm
guessing PO replaced dash at some point and plaque was on it.  I asked if they
could cross reference my numbers, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
P. Haase
74 Midget, 60 MGA