Clutch Hose Replacement '70 MGB-GT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Hose Replacement '70 MGB-GT
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Dear netters:

This weekend, I replaced my Brake MC, and while I was at it, I thought I
would replace the clutch hose between the metal line from the clutch MC to
the slave cylinder. Well, wouldn't you know that you couldn't fit a wrench
(at least none of the Craftsman wrenches) I have into the space available
to loosen the nut to replace the hose. The fitting to the metal line line
is much like that to the flex lines for the brakes, except bigger and
unapproachable due to "steric hindrance" from the starter solenoid!

Anyone out there with a suggestions- besides pulling the starter?

Is this a dreaded "Special Service Tool" situation?

Thanks much!

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521