British Car Show at Woodley Park, CA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Show at Woodley Park, CA
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 01:31:37 EDT
Just got back into Bakersfield from the 14th Annual British Car Show in Los
Angeles.  It was awesome!   I have only been a few times, but it was
definitely worth the two hour trip!  Saw Jay Leno and his wife and Buggatti
(both un-restored!)...everyone seemed to stop as he drove by in a flourish.  I
was fortunate to meet quite a few listers as well (Hey Steve!)...and it was
great to be able to stop and talk to all of the fascinating owners.
        My 'B on the other hand had to stay put in the parking lot on account
that
they actually expected me to HAVE MONEY to get in!  I tried explaining to the
guy that I'm a poor college student just taking my 'B for a walk, but he
wouldn't buy it...
        I left early, so I didn't find out who won the awards, so maybe someone
can
help me out there...

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Sincerely,
Steve Sanchez
"Walking a '77 'B"

PS...By 'B got me back on the way back up to Bakersfield....I now have oil in
my coolant...sounds like the head might be coming off in the dormitory parking
lot!  (for the second time in as many months)