Fuel Inertia Switch

To: mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Inertia Switch
From: Benjamin Li <bkl@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:32:03 -0700
Fellow MGers,

Well, I found that the fuel pump was not working because there was no
current running to it and the inertia switch was the terminal point.
Now, I wrote previously about it smoking around there and the wires
melting.  Can anyone point to some possible culprits?  Also, how does
the inertia switch on a 79MGB work?  There does not seem to be any push
buttons.  However, the top has a cap-like thing which turns with no big
results.  I just short-wired the wires temporarily.  It is almost
impossible to unscrew the inertia switch out!  The space is really
small!

Please help!

Thanks.

Ben Li