Re: RED light

To: RobMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: RED light
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:16:05 +0000
RobMGB@aol.com wrote:

> Was walking past the B just now and noticed the alternator light was on. Keys
> weren't in it. I went and got keys and cranked it up. Started fine and light
> went off. ?Will check it later to see if it comes back on. What caused it to
> come on? It is my daily drive and had parked it in garage last night after
> work. Alternator rebuilt about 3 years ago. Has allison electronic ignition
> with 40kv coil.
> robmgb
> 74B

You either had voltage on the white circuit - possible ignition switch
fault or a brown or purple circuit coming into contact with the white
elsewhere, or voltage on the brown/yellow coming from the alternator -
possible alternator internal diode fault (wouldn't normally go away
again) or internal debris causing a short.

PaulH.