Starting work on New Toy...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starting work on New Toy...
From: jeanderson@nitsuko.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:09:34 -0400

John E Anderson@NITSUKO
10-14-98 05:09 PM

Hello,

  Eloise (or Elly for short) a dark red, 1960 MGA is finally sitting in
my driveway under a blanket (tarp) waiting to be brought into the
operating room (garage).  In preparation for this, I have a couple
more questions...

  First, I'm going to be putting a 4 post lift in my garage (it has a
15' ceiling) after having the doors high-lifted.  Are there any comments
on the various lifts available?
I'm leaning towards a Bend-Pak 7000,  but also have info on AutoLifters
and Backyard Buddy.

After she's moved in (before Thanksgiving, if I'm lucky) in, I'm planning
to:
     remove and rebuild / clean the gas tank, fuel pump, carbs
     replace the standard ignition components,
     replace the oil and filter
     flush the radiator and  replace all cooling hoses.

And then what?  The engine (a 67 or 68 B engine, btw) hasn't
been run in 12 years or so...

Thanks,

john

'60 MGA   Eloise