Hmmph...The allure of Historic MGB Steel

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hmmph...The allure of Historic MGB Steel
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:49:55 -0500
That's right. Hmmph! ;)
My rain will be yours soon, but I'm glad ya'll had a beautiful autumn
sunday. Keep up the discriptive discourse!
    I spent my sunday stripping the newly purchased trunk lid and the
history of a forgotten B just overwhelmed me.
    Ironically, the very solid blue paint and primer revealed a previous
life as Harvest gold and very professional welds which closed the holes
where an "American style" luggage rack had been.
    I'm going to paint it blaze and drill holes again for MY "Brit style"
luggage rack! Whoever had it was an enthusiast for sure, no common rending
of steel at the strut hinge point (driver's side). My trunklid is torn and
bondo'd at this critical stress point, and now sags pitifully and leaves an
inch to let the rain in.
    Don't let non-MG-wise people NEAR your trunk lid if it's open! They'll
lean and push and struggle to get the thing closed....ugh.
Just thought I'd share. ;)

Dan