Sourcing lead

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sourcing lead
From: bdk <bdk@geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:55:57 -0700
If your looking for pure lead for doing body work, you should try going
to someplace where they use large quantities of lead.

I ran into a guy a few years ago that did x-ray work for industrial
applications. Not only did he have portable x-ray units, but he
overhauled them as well.

He also was frequently contracted to construct and set up permanent
x-ray labs- the sliding doors of which were lead lined. He had HUNDREDS
of pounds of scrap lead that he would gladly have sold me for a few
dollars a pound.

The point is.....find a local distributor of industrial x-ray equipment
and ask them. You might also try your local surplus metals dealer. You
might also try your local lead bullet manufacturer. You might also try
your local tire shop for scrap wheel weights (not to mention your LBC
wheels).

Happy leading,

            bdk