Re: Hydem strip

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Hydem strip
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:03:23 -0700
At 06:51 PM 10/19/98 -0700, Lawrie  Alexander wrote:
>Simon.........
>
>If what you are calling the Hidem strip has a bead on one edge, that is not
>the hidem for the front of the header rail. In fact, it isn't even Hidem! It
>sounds more like the trim that goes between door panels and the body, or
>behind the cockpit rails.

I don't think I have seen the type of strip that I have elsewhere on the
car. But perhaps the instructions are wrong and I don't have a Hidem strip.
Perhaps I will try to buy one locally! Any idea in what category of the
Yellow Pages I should look?

>Hidem is a strip of material about 5/8" wide which has two small "beads"
>along its center line. You can ease these apart and tack or staple through
>the base between them. Then they roll back into place and the tack or staple
>is hidden from view.

Definitely does not sound like the strip that I have. The strip that came
with my kit looks like a 'P' if you look at a cross section.

Simon

---
Simon Matthews                          MailTo:simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
'57 MGA