More on the 79 B Electrical

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on the 79 B Electrical
From: DBAVERY1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:40:24 EDT
Thanks to all who have offered suggestions on what to look for.  I took the
battery from my 78 - good to have another MG around - and put it in.  Started
right up and no problems for the few mile drive home.  Glad its in my garage
for the night anyhow.

Heres a new twist that I thought I'd mention incase this triggers some other
suggestions.  Now when I just turn the key to "on" and don't start the engine
there is no ignition light???  The brake light comes on but no ignition light.
This is definately new as this light always came on - several times when I
didn't want it to.  This definately sounds like loose connections - or am I
off base on that assumption?  Any help on where to start looking for that will
again be appreciated and thanks again to all who have already responded to my
1st post.

Denny