RE: Adventures in towing/tipping who dos and who don't

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Adventures in towing/tipping who dos and who don't
From: "Clayton Kirkwood" <kirkwood@garlic.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:07:37 -0700
I'll let my ignorance show: David, this directed somewhat at you as
you raised the issue but others please pipe in. I don't understand the
reasoning for tipping somebody who is doing their job and getting paid
for it. David, you imply that you generally get tipped for a haul. I'm
not being rude just uneducated I guess. You get paid (either self
employed, or from the shop you are working for), but is tipping
expected? If so, why???? I am not condemning, I just don't understand.
I work for a company but don't get tips from people I help or do my
job for.

Sorry for seeming stupid...

Clayton Kirkwood
(916) 663-2368